The Co-op Family Center provides affordable high quality education for children. Our community is a cooperative effort between families and center staff to raise happy, healthy and socially confident children.
The primary objectives of the Family Center are to:
- Provide affordable, quality childcare;
- Involve parents in the care and education of their children;
- Improve parenting skills through Center provided resources;
- Provide a model for the University, employers, and other interested groups as to the benefits of cooperative childcare; and
- Emphasize the family as the focus of childcare.
- Recognize that each child is a capable protagonist in his or her learning
- Cultivate a community that is built on consistent, supportive relationships
- Involve parents in the daily care and education of their children
- Empower children to express themselves fully through many different mediums
- Foster in children an awareness and appreciation of nature